Healthy-ish Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Makes 18 big fat cookies)
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil or melted butter (if you prefer a lesser coconutty flavor)
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup oat pulp
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In electric mixer bowl, cream together melted coconut oil or melted butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup until light and creamy.
4. Incorporate oat pulp.
4. Add egg plus additional yolk until well combined. Add vanilla.
5. Mix flour ingredients until just blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Chill dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Use an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measure to drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Leave plenty of space between as these will spread. I typically fit 8 cookies per sheet.
9. Bake for 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
10. Cool just long enough so you can start munching!
You may also like:
Pages: 1 2