I’ve been using the original JavaJug daily for years, and was saddened to learn they were not available for purchase for some time. Then I was contacted by the makers and asked if I’d be interested in reviewing the updated JavaJug2. As a believer and daily user of the original JavaJug it was a no-brainer. I’m glad to see a small specialty company that continues to tweak the little things to make a great product even greater.
Note to Readers: Image and text links below will take you to your local Amazon website. But if you can’t find what you’re looking for, click here for my Amazon.com Shop where you’ll find all my recommended finds. Can’t see any links here? Make sure to turn off any Ad Blocker apps and they should appear.
WHAT IS IT?
The JavaJug2 is an Aeropress aid:
+ stable base
+ measuring cup
+ coffee warmer
+ travel case
WHY IT MATTERS:
- no more Aeropress mess when making multiple cups of coffee
- tidy kitchen and travel: keeps all Aeropress parts in one place
- food-grade stainless steel and dishwasher safe = cook/heat and easy to clean
WHO IT’S FOR:
Anyone with an Aeropress
- flanged lip – easier on the wrist when hand washing
- more laser-etched measuring lines now in mL and oz
- stainless steel lid now included (30mL to measure creamer etc)
- neoprene sleeve includes velcro closure to secure lid for travel or strap grinder handle
TIPS, TRICKS & RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES:
- Dual tab fit with Aeropress: lid is tighter when Aeropress is shifted closer to the spout side
- Perfect size/shape for receiving crushed ice from my fridge
Hate to sound like a fan-boy, but since I use of my JavaJug multiple times daily, I always hand-wash, I didn’t know of the original version’s limitation of not being dishwasher safe. The original JavaJug was already my must-have recommended Aeropresser’s tool, so the updated JavaJug2 definitely gets the nod.
Great gift for all Aeropress owners (even if that’s you 🙂
TWO THUMBS WAY UP!